Friday, March 24, 2006

An Important Message for My Friends...

Friends,
I had just succeeded in convincing my wife that we did not NEED to have babies right away. We are both young and just struggling to get by. Babies are wonderful, and I love them. I want a couple of my own some day soon. However, this whole message becomes difficult to support and hold to when you al keep getting pregnant and having babies.
At first, I was upset at myself and others, but I have realized that the real fault lies with the procreating pals (PP). While some might say that you are doing nothing wrong, I argue that the pressures to have children at remotely the same time is of vital interest in maintaining the myths that we have learned through "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood". Groups of friends must at least have the potential for their kids to be friends.
Not only does it give us all something to talk about, but it give us the option of producing a sequel with younger, smarter, and prettier versions of us. Think of the montages, people! They are beautiful. Our children grow up all around the country and the world not knowing that they are the inheritors of our legacy. Some day they will have to assume the mantel of troublemaking. They too will have to chain doors shut, burn pizzas, and waste hours watching television shows about a man in space and his robot pals.

Think of the Future! Unless I give up this dream, I will have no choice but to join the PP's.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Stevie! The friends need to stop procreating - it is giving me the baby-lust and having babies is, at this point, totally out of the question for us. Birth control, people! It works! I was beginning to think that you guys would go over to the other side soon, too, and Brad and I would be left in the dust...Although...I have to admit that the thought of our children becoming friends one day is fairly amusing...