Monday, September 25, 2006

Early Mornings...

I don't know who thought that it would be a good idea to have a three hour, Intro to College Composition class at 8am on Monday mornings, but they should be publically flogged. I know that I am not the best comp teacher ever, but the blank stares and tiredness is driving me nuts.

I give a fairly simple assignment: here are different types of support and argumentation, looking at that list, work with a group and identify the types of argumentation in your assigned essay, but there is nothing but sitting around with the look of, "what do I do?"

I know that self-motivation is not the highest on the list of 18 year olds, but come on! (To quote Rob Corddry)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've taught at a number of times, and 10:00-10:50 a.m. seems to be prime time in terms of student attention to what is going on, and I still occasionally get that blank stare reaction at that time. I think it's just a comp. class thing.

-Indecisive